Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday





Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:


Top Ten Books That I Hope People Are Still Reading in Ten Years


First, I need to apologize for not keeping up with TTT this month.  May is a difficult month for me since the school year is coming to a close and this year, I had my own graduate school work finishing up as well.  But summer is so close.......::shouts for joy::  Now, on to the books.........




These are books that kids should be reading and talking about in class.  I hope they are still reading and talking about them 10 years from now.  Not surprisingly, most of them have also found their way on to banned book lists each year!  Go figure……

There is really nothing else that I can say about each of these books/series.  They are all so powerful that words are really insufficient.



Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 




Looking for Alaska by John Green



Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson



Playing with Matches by Brian Katcher



The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Alexie Sherman



American-Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang



Divergent series by Veronica Roth



The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins



Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson



Unwind by Neal Shusterman



So this is my list.  Tell me about yours.  Anything you would take off of my list?  Anything fabulous that I've missed?

 

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Unwind on a few lists. I really need to read that series. Speak and Part-Time Diary are excellent choices! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-10k

    ReplyDelete