Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday......on Wednesday

I am totally fail this week.  I had graduate school on Tuesday night until 9:30 and I had spent the whole weekend writing a preliminary data analysis that was 22 pages long.  Just so my professor could tear it to shreds in class on Tuesday.  Needless to say, I didn't feel much like posting on the blog after that. : (   I'll be on time next week! 

So, without further ado, I present............................................................................







Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:


Top Ten Best Covers Ever

This week was so hard!  I LOVE book covers and these books with all the girls in beautiful dresses.....they are wonderful for me!  I know some people don't like them, but I think they're great.  But, I tried to mix things up a little bit here.  So these are some of my favs.


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Haters are gonna hate, no matter what.........

I have always loved this cover.  It's so simple, yet it sums up so much.  The whole Eve and temptation and just--gah!  This cover is gorgeous and meaningful and I will always love it.  



The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

This cover is gorgeous.  I love the flowing purple on the black background and the cream colored skin is stunning next to the two dark colors.







 Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Yes, it's another gown.  But I love the way the red curls out and turns into smoke.  That is such a cool effect.







Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

They changed this cover later and put two faces on it, but I love this original cover.  It's pretty creepy and immediately grabbed my attention.







Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

This cover made me laugh out loud when I saw it!  Of course, any book with a cover like this one is just screaming "READ ME!!!!  I'M SNARKY AND FUNNY!!!"







 Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson

What I loved about this cover is the way that it captured the medieval style, yet it was still soft and inviting.  Later, they put some horrible Fabio like cover on this novel.  I was so glad that my copy had this cover.






Beastly by Alex Flinn

 Often, simplicity is best.  The white rose on the black background is so starkly beautiful and then add the script with thorns and you have perfection for a book cover.






Fallen by Lauren Kate

This is one of my favorite covers of all time.  I love the darkness of it and how mysterious it seems.  It's simply gorgeous.







The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong

I love all the covers in this series, but this second one is my favorite.  I love the way the jewel is being held in her hands.  Of course, the running theme of the jewel on each cover is pretty awesome!






 Wildefire by Karsten Knight

This cover is breathtaking.  I love the way they use the black orchids to create the background and have the one orchid in the middle with the smoke and almost fire.  You know, since it's a book about a tropical location and the Hawaiian volcano goddess........
Also, the black orchids sort of create the illusion of more smoke.  Awesome!




So there are my favorite covers.  Or at least some of them.  Which of these are on your list?  Which ones do you think I left out?

No comments:

Post a Comment