Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:

THE TOP TEN BOOKS YOU'D GIVE A THEME SONG TO!

This was a really fun list this week!  I'm going to admit that I actually have a book song playlist on my iPod.  It started out as my Twilight playlist and has slowly become a playlist of songs that remind me of my favorite books.  So here goes!


1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare:  Broken by Lifehouse


To me, this song just captures the pain of Jace and Clary.


2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer:  Lion by Rebecca St. James



This song always reminds me of Edward. Always.


3. Ditched:  A Love Story by Robin Mellom:  In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel


Well, I had to pick a song from the 80's for this book. If you've read my review, you'll know why. This classic from Peter Gabriel seems to sum up the whole book. Also, there is that great movie scene with John Cusack.....
4. Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong:  Back Where We Belong by Thriving Ivory




This song made me think of all the running away that Chloe and Derek did in this series. Both the literal running and the metaphorical running....

5. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson:  The Everglow by Mae




This song made me think of that moment in this book where they could just go for it or just pretend things are still the same. Thank goodness they went for it!!

6. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick:  The Rescue by American Hi-Fi



This fits with the other books, but it really seems to nail the third book in this series. They rescue each other, he was gone from her life, the broken wings......oh Patch!

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:  I Love Paris by Ella Fitzgerald



It's cheesy and clichéd, but I'm a French teacher. What do you expect??


8.  Fallen by Lauren Kate:  Wicked Game by Bassbossa



I love the original version by Chris Isaak, but the girl singing matched better with this novel.

9.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:  This is Love by The Script



To me, the lyrics of this song just sum up The Hunger Games because in many ways, that book is about the sacrifices people make for love.

10.  The Hollow by Jessica Verday:  Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls



I just think about Caspian and how Abbey is the only one who can see him when I hear this song.

  

So that's my book soundtrack! Do you have suggestions for these books or other songs that you put with different books? I'm always looking for new music, so I'd LOVE to hear what music my readers all recommend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Amy and Roger totally deserve an awesome theme song...I just couldn't come up with one.

    ReplyDelete