Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:

The Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart Just a Little.

This was a hard topic for me.  Why?  Because I avoid these books like the plague.  I cannot begin to comprehend why so many people like to read Nicolas Sparks.  If I want to cry and be depressed, I'll watch CNN, thanks!

However, sometimes even the books I do read have elements that are heartbreaking, so that's what I looked for.  And here are my top ten......


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
The ending with Will and Tessa.  Enough said.









New Moon by Stephenie Meyers

When Edward left her in the forest, I thought for sure it was just a bad joke.  Or that he would realize how stupid he was and come back in a couple of days.  When I realized that wasn't the case, I did something I NEVER do--I TURNED TO THE BACK OF THE BOOK AND MADE SURE EDWARD CAME BACK IN THE END!!!   I didn't even look at the ending in Deathly Hallows, but I swear, I wouldn't have read any more if Edward didn't come back at the end.



City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

When the big "secret" about Jace and Clary is revealed at the end of CoB, I thought I would die.


The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

King Arthur stories always end badly and I know this, but it always breaks my heart.








Harry Potter books 5,6 and 7 by J.K. Rowling

I cried in book 5 when Sirius died, I bawled like a baby in book 6 when Dumbledore died and in book 7, I sobbed inconsolably when Dobby was killed.  Over and over again, my heart was breaking for Harry.






The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

This whole situation was heartbreaking.  All of Kaelyn's losses were so hard to bear.








Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

The ending of this book was as happy as it could possibly be, but parts of it still broke my heart.








Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

I won't say anything about this book because I know a lot of you have probably not had the chance to read it yet, but my heart fail might not make it until the next book!

Torment by Lauren Kate

When she stepped into that Shadow and away from Daniel, I thought I would die from heart fail that moment.  Never mind the fact that her attraction to another boy throughout the novel was giving me heart palpitations.





The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

It was hard to feel anything but heartbreak when reading this novel.  Mary's selfishness broke my heart.  So did the way the others were willing to sacrifice themselves.


So these are my top ten.  Are any of these part of your top ten?  Which ones are on your list that aren't on mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment