Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Top 5 Books for 2010

This was really hard, but here they are.  These are in no particular order because there was really no way to decide that.

I'm sure that I'm making people sick with the way I won't stop talking about this book.  Seriously, I haven't been this obsessed with a book since I read Twilight the first time.  And that, my friends, is obsession!!

I suppose that if I had to choose a number one, this book could be it, but the other 4 books are amazing as well, so I just won't rank them.






What best of list would be complete without a Cassandra Clare book?  This book was an amazing read!  I approached this one with a certain amount of trepidation because honestly, I didn't think she could recapture the magnificence of the Mortal Instruments series.

Boy, was I wrong!  This book took the Shadowhunter world and transported it to Victorian England.  That in itself was fantastic.  But then she gave me a character like Will--such an enigma!  I can't wait for the next installment of the Infernal Devices.

Cassandra Clare-- you own me!

 I can't believe it took me so long to find Kelley Armstrong.  The first book in this series grabbed me and pulled me in and then each book just got better and better.  This, the final book in the trilogy, is everything that a final book should be!

Lucky for me, this YA series introduced me to Kelley Armstrong's adult books as well, so I can still get my KA fix while waiting for the next YA series to start!

And if you can't get enough, go to Kelley Armstrong's website and she has different Darkest Powers novellas to read.  I can get more Derek!  Hooray!


Duh!  Of course the final installment in the Hunger Games trilogy is on my top 5 list.  Now, I know that a lot of people were not really satisfied with this book, but honestly, it's one of the best ending books that I've ever read.  I thought it brought the story to a close perfectly and, more importantly, realistically. 

Suzanne Collins managed to keep Katniss in character throughout the book, which was not an easy thing to do given the plotline.  Also, I think that the whole Katniss/Peeta/Gale issue came to a perfect, and believable, resolution.

I loved it!



Surprised?  No, this book is not a new release, but I just read it this year and it was definitely one of the best books I read this year.  I loved the premise--a modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.  I think that Alex Flinn did a beautiful job of reworking that story for a modern audience.  Kyle's growth and transformation were breathtaking.

Then the bonus was that they are releasing the movie in 2011!  I didn't know that when I first picked up the book off the shelf at my school library, but I was so happy to find out once I finished the book.  I just hope that the movie can do the book justice.  I love Alex Pettyfer, but Vanessa Hudgens?  Not so much......::shudders::

So, there you have the top 5 books that I read this year.  What were your top 5 books?  I'd love to know, so leave them for me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment