Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ironside by Holly Black

So, I finished this book tonight....while sitting with my daughter at a Justin Bieber concert! I"m so glad that I read this. I plan on going back to pick up Tithe as soon as I get through the rather huge pile of books at the bottom of my bed. In fact, I may read Tithe and then go through Valiant and Ironside again, so that I can read them in proper order.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! (not real spoilers, but spoiler-ish)



I really liked the twists and turns in this book. And the whole part with the duel and the way Kaye figured out the quest! WOW! Those were so clever and I do love clever. I also like the way Holly ended the book. There was closure but there is room for more books if she chooses to write them. And it wasn't a rainbows and unicorns sort of ending, but it was satisfying. And real.

I recommend these books to people who are not afraid of gritty and realistic mixed in with their supernatural. These are not your garden variety fairy books. You won't find Tinker Bell here! Of course, I would also suggest that you read them in order, unlike myself!!


If I were grading this book, it would be a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment