Saturday, July 24, 2010

new books!

so, I've been reading "Ironside" by Holly Black, since I'm going to go meet her on Monday!  I am thoroughly enjoying it and I'm really glad I gave her another chance.  I had checked it out a few weeks ago from the library and picked it up as soon as I finished "The Forest of Hands and Teeth".  Now, I had read "Valiant" a year or two ago, but it just didn't leave me wanting for more.  I can't exactly pinpoint why that is, but it just seemed......lacking.

However, this book is NOT lacking!  I am loving it!  If only I weren't swamped down in school work and having to read about Reference materials (yuck!), I would be unable to tear myself away from it, I think.

I bought 2 new books this weekend to prepare for the book signing on Monday.  I bought Holly Black's new book, "White Cat" which is getting great reviews and I bought "The Dead-Tossed Waves" by Carrie Ryan.  I was shocked though, when I realized it wasn't going to pick up where "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" left off.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  But I loved the first book so, so much that I'm going to give this one a shot!  And it will be autographed when I get to sit down and read it.  ::does a happy dance around the room::

No comments:

Post a Comment